At Kelvin Grove Student Village, we are committed to enriching each student's experience throughout their time at university. We understand that moving away from home can be a financially stressful time and even an impractical option for some students. In an effort to assist students who are experiencing financial hardship, we have developed an Affordable Accommodation Scheme for students whose financial circumstances prevent them from being able to make standard residential payments.
This scheme is designed to benefit students of Queensland University of Technology (QUT). Applicants experiencing financial hardship may be eligible to receive a reduction in their weekly rental fees.
- Limited to 60 applicants per academic year
- Applications need to be made prior to 31st October 2012 (although special consideration may be made to applicants after this date should any of the 60 places not be filled)
Who can apply?
To be eligible for the discounted rate, applicants must comply with the Financial Assistance Criteria as outlined by QUT Applicants must be in possession of a:
- QUT Equity Scholarship
- Australian Government Centrelink allowance (e.g. ABSTUDY, Austudy, Youth Allowance or Living Away From Home Allowance)
Also, proposed residents must notify the Village of eligibility for the discount upon making application to live at the Village.
Rooms and rate
The scheme is applicable to 5 or 6 bedroom apartments only. Under the scheme, the rental fee for 2013 will be $209 per week including utilities, each room includes:
- Desk chair
- Notice board
- Network port (connection fee is charged)
- Common kitchens, bathrooms, eating/lounge areas and balconies
Each apartment comes fully furnished with:
- Dining table and chairs
- Coffee table and entertainment unit
- Ceramic Cook Top
Please contact us if you have any enquiries regarding the Affordable Living Scheme.